May 9, 2010

The Women that define me - Happy Mothers Day!

On the occasion of mothers day I wanted to dedicated this post to 5 very special women in my life!!!

Of course my mother: Adrina - a beautiful, charming, passionate and an extremely kind and giving person.  She has influenced my life in ways that I can't even explain. Since I was young she has not only made me believe that everything in life is possible with hard work, but also believed in me, when no one else did. She introduced me to the meaning of true luxury and of course to the world of Louis Vittons and Limoges! My love for beautiful things and my eye for style and design are due to her. As a child, I used to sit with her and flip through countless luxury home, decor, fashion as well as beauty magazines and point out everything a girl should know from her posture to the way to mix fabrics and colours!!! She was a true inspiration to me and has thought me that even when you just go out to the grocery, you still have to look proper and pulled together, because you just never know who you will bump into! Although she might not want to admit it, but my ambition, my drive and my desire to move forward and succeed is due to her and for that I will forever be thankful.  The passion that I have for my company, my family and for living life to its fullest; is a reflection of her love and passion she has given me and my brothers for years and years!

The second very influential woman in my life is my Aunt  Alice; who happens to be my mothers sister. She played an instrumental role in my life when I moved to Montreal, at a very young age to attend University. She was like a second mother to me and helped me directly and indirectly through the toughest years of my life. She thought me how to be strong, independent and wise. She has a way of making you see the important things in life; such as health, family and take everything else with a grain of salt! She also played an instrumental role in my decision to get married at an early age and recognize how blessed I was to have a man like my husband. The advice she gave me I will never forget! She continues to inspire me with her wisdom and open my eyes to things that you could only have and know with lifes experiences.

The third and very dear and sweet woman is my late grandmother - Siroun; she is my heart and sole and will always be part of me for as long as I live! She has instilled beauty in my life, kindness, generosity, love, grace and humility. For me she defined what a perfect mother was and should be. She was my sunshine through the hardest days of my life, she was the sweet voice I heard when I needed someone to cheer me up, and was the beautiful face I saw at my door when I needed someone to just come over and make some home cooked meals. She would not only come over and cook, but she would come, stay with me for days and change the space from an apartment into a home!  She thought me the most important gift in life - to love unconditionally! She used to tell me that it is not up to us to judge people but up to God and it is for us to forgive and give love. She passed away on a beautiful June day four years ago and although she never got to meet my son, I know that she is with the angels up there watching over us! 

The fourth woman is my other late Grandmother who I am named after - Madeleine. She passed away two months ago so I am still mourning her loss. She was a true definition of a lady in every aspect. Loved and respected by everyone. Her love for life was contagious. A true class-act, she lived her life to it's fullest perfection. Ever since I was a little girl, she used to teach me all the proper ways a lady should be, from the way she should sit, to the way she should walk.  Being her first grandchild, she always made sure I was ok and happy. She flew in all the way from San Francisco to be there when my son was born, and she stayed around for the first six months of his life. She loved him, and kept telling me that the best gift you could give a baby is a sibling to play with... she so wanted to see another great-granchild and I am so sorry she did not, but again I am sure she is up there with the angels to watch over us.

The fifth woman came into my life a bit later than the others. My Mother In Law - Mary - It's been 10 years now that I've known her, but she's been a great role model for me! Her love for her kids, for her husband and her family is contagious. She has been a solid support for me through out the years and continues to do so on a daily basis. It is because of her that Maddy K continues to thrive and grow. Not only is she a great mother to her kids, but she is also an amazing grandmother to my son. Her care and love to him, allows me to have the extra time I need for my business and for myself.  I look up to her and call her Super-Mom because she is truly the pillar that holds all her sons and her family together! A lady with a big heart and energy that even I don't have... she continues to inspire me to be a better mother and wife!

Combine all these wonderful 5 women and you get - Maddy K - It is with lots of love, passion and care that the company has been built on and it is a true reflection of all the wonderful woman that have touched my life and continue to do so on a daily basis!

Happy Mothers day to all mothers out there! Learn to celebrate and embrace being you!

2 comments:

Malek Letaief said...

Très touchant et inspirant! Bonne fête des mères à toi aussi et beaucoup de succès dans tout ce que tu entreprendras;-) Lâches pas! - le web 2.0 je veux dire ;-)

Marco said...

What an excellent summary you did Maddy. I’m lucky to be married to someone you who recognizes and shares the importance of all these 5 women in your life. Love you. Marc