March 18, 2009

For The Birds!

One thing I've noticed recently is that no matter what store I stumble across, I always manage to find something adorned with birds!  From home decor to fashion, they are everywhere!  On delicate china patterns, assortments of whimsical wall hangings, pendants on necklaces or fun, feminine patterns on t-shirts, one thing is certain; it's all about birds!

I am happy to say that this inspiration has also made its way to wedding cakes and personally, I absolutely love it!  In my opinion these fun patterns and designs are trendy enough to add a modern touch to your cake while still remaining delicate and romantic.  Whether keeping things soft in a pastel color pallet, taking it up a notch with bold reds and yellows or simply topping the cake with an adorable pair of love birds, it is clear that these fashionable feathers are very versatile!

This beautiful collection of cakes is all courtesy of Lovin Sullivan whose cakes are always spectacular!  The cake topper is a more recent discovery of mine by Ann Wood who has a charming, handsome collection of ornaments fabricated out of re-used materials from vintage garments.

No comments: