August 12, 2008

A Hidden Treasure, not for much longer...

This past week end my husband wanted to take me away for my birthday for some R&R. Usually, I am the person that makes travel plans; but in this case, all I was told was what to pack and everything else was left a surprise!!!

To my surprise, he took me to a resort hidden in scenic Whitefield, New Hamsphire... Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa. A classic granite state hotel, housing 145 guests rooms. Being extremely picky, I really wasn't thinking that I would love the place as much as I did... it was love at first sight.

The resorts tower Spa offers more than 60 services in serveral dozen spacious treatment rooms, providing privacy and panoramic views. Upon arrival I was booked for an Aromatherapy Massage - which is the basic strokes of a Swedish Massage combined with inhalation of Essential oils to balance the energies, stimulate the nervous system and awaken the senses. - IT WAS GREAT! I then found out that the Spa was named a top-five resort spa in North America and the Caribbean by a Conde Nast Traveler readers' poll.

Then we spent the rest of the day at the pool and enjoyed the scenic view of the white mountains.

The following day I was back at the Spa for a European Depp Cleansing Facial, followed by a Mani-Kur and a Pedi-Kur... it was such a rejuvinating experience! I high recommend the spa as well as the resort to anyone looking for a week end away to relax or even a week end away with the kids... great place for families, fileld lots of outdoor activities, including pony rides, trip to the farm, golfing, hiking and so much more...

For dining, the Mountain View offers three choices. The Main Dining Room: tasteful in style wiht ivory linen and fresh flowers, golden chandeliers and muted musical offerings is a taste sensation. The Tavern is is the spot for classical casual meals and late night pub favorites! The Club House offers comfortable cuisine during the day around the pool and night with option of dining inside or outside on the deck to enjoy the spectacular mountain view.

My favorite thing about the hotel was the Veranda that allowed you to just sit on a rocking chair and read a book, sip on a glass of martini or coffee and just enjoy the serenity of the place!!

I was sooo pleased and was curious as to how my husband found the place, he told me that the place was featured on the cover of "Resorts & Great Hotels" Magazine.

What a great pick!

So why am I telling you all about this place? Because I would love to plan a destination wedding at the hotel... It is a perfect spot for couples looking to have a week end wedding in an intimate out door setting with close friends and family. While we were away, there was a wedding taking place and I over heard all the guests just raving about how beautiful the place is and how happy they were to be there.

If you're interested check out the site and contact us, it would be our pleasure to help you plan a dream wedding at the Mountain view Grand Resort and Spa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mandy, thank you for your kind words about Mountain View Grand! I am the Director of Catering here and we love to do weddings. Giving the couple and their families a wonderful stay and memories to last a life time is what we strive for. Please come and see us again soon!

Chantal Carney