August 6, 2008

Thanking Maddy K with a full page AD!

Belle & Matthew are a wonderful couple that got married last labor day week end at the Basilica Du Notre Dame followed with an intimate reception at Decca77. That was almost a year ago... last I heard from Belle was the day after the wedding she was going back home to West Virginia and she called to thank me for everything and to express her happiness!!

It's rare you find brides thinking of their planner the day after their wedding... so it was so nice to know that Belle hadn't forgotten.

After almost a year, I get a call from the photographer that shot the wedding... George from CandleWax. He said "Maddy I have a surprise for you"... the surprise was that Belle; as a thank you gift for me; had bought me a page of advertising in one of our local bridal publications called Marions Nous. You can imagine my surprise and shock when I heard this... it probably is the nicest thing any of my brides have done and it was sooo thoughtful of her.

I was of course concerned about the artwork, since at Maddy K we are very conscious about our image :) So I rushed to the Pharmacy and picked up a copy of Marions Nous. Positioning of the AD was GREAT. Considering that George did not have the Maddy K logo and does not have an in depth knowledge of the Maddy K brand, the artwork was well put together. I appreciate his efforts for designing my artwork and thank him greatly for helping my bride pull this surprise for me.... it was very kind of him.

For once it feels good being on the receiving end rather than always being at the giving end... Belle was a sweet heart during our planning process and will always be remembered as Sweet Belle by the Maddy K team. We wish her and Matt the best in their lives together and hope to see them in Montreal sometime soon :)

For those of you interested in seeing more photos of Belle's wedding, I will post more up as soon as I get them from George... so stay tuned.

You will find the MADDY K Ad in the beginning front pages of the new Marions Nous issue... Give us your feedback on our Ad... we'd love to hear from you!

No comments: